ROSE Awards FAQs
Who can be nominated? Can you nominate management or is it just “services” personnel?
Any non-managerial hospitality service employee or volunteer that works in the service area. Past nominees have included employees that work in accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, attractions, museums, transportation, retail, events, customer service or public service.
Who should I nominate?
Nominating a staff member or volunteer for the ROSE Awards gives your company the opportunity to celebrate your best employee or volunteer’s outstanding service to your company. Some businesses in the past have nominated an employee of the month, employee of the year, or an associate who has proven themselves as a true hospitality professional.
How many can I nominate?
Each company can nominate up to two (2) people.
What should I look for in a nominee?
We want your best of the best! The following criteria need to be considered:
- Any employee who goes above and beyond
- Workplace knowledge/attitude
- Meets or exceeds customers’ expectations
- Handles problems effectively
How do I nominate?
Nominations for the 33rd Annual ROSE Awards are now open through February 16.
What's next after I submit nominations?
- The nominator will receive an email confirmation of the nomination.
- Notifications will begin in March. A member of our committee will be in touch with each nominator or supervisor to schedule an appropriate notification time.
- At the time of notification, each honoree will receive a congratulatory letter, a special ROSE honoree pin and details for the ROSE Awards ceremony.
- Make plans to attend the ROSE Awards on May 9th and purchase tickets for your company. The cost is $100.00 per person (including the honoree). Typically the nominating company will purchase the ticket for their honoree.
What does each nominee receive?
- Special notification of nomination prior to event
- Congratulatory letter from the Mayor of Indianapolis
- Special ROSE Honoree pin to be worn to the ceremony
- Incredible celebration for both nominee and the company with which they are affiliated. This elegant evening includes food and entertainment.
- Framed award certificate
- Special recognition on the ROSE Awards website
How long does a person have to work at a business to qualify for the nomination?
Do the honorees get into the event for free?
The cost for each attendee/honoree is $100.00 and typically the nominating company will purchase this ticket.
Sponsorship packages are available. Email John Sobieralski at email@example.com for more information.
When will the nominees be notified?
Notifications will take place in March and the contact person from the nominating company will be contacted to set a time for the notification.
Can I nominate a previous nominee or honoree?
Yes, a candidate can be nominated more than once.
If you have questions about ROSE Awards, please contact:
Events & Communications Manager
THANK YOU TO OUR PRESENTING SPONSOR
WHAT IT REALLY MEANS
“To be appreciated, that is so awesome! I am so grateful, so humbled. It just makes me want to do an even better job, even tomorrow. If there is room for better, I am on board."